Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cold Night

"Please tell me that's not the right time!"
He chuckled at the shocked look on my face.
"It is luv. You gonna get in trouble being out past curfew?"
"Jeeze I don't know... its almost 5 a.m.!"
I still couldn't believe how fast time would always fly with him. He had had a secret smoke, grabs some groceries, baked cookies and eaten Ben and Jerry's, watched 2 movies, talked about the past, present and future... just a normal hang out with him.
"Wanna just stay over?" His face was serious but I saw a smile play around his lips. I tickled him in punishment for the thought.
"You know how bad that would look. And ******* wouldn't be happy with that either."
"Well she wouldn't have to know. And you can have the bed. I can restrain myself."
"Like hell you can!"
He playfully pulled me off my perch on his giant yoga ball and tickled me mercilessly on the floor.
"Okay! Okay! Uncle!"
He hoovered over me. We both took a sharp breath as we realized how close we were- both of us waiting for someone to make a move of some kind. I broke first and slide out from under him and clambered away from him. We flirted with temptation far too much.
"I really should go now."
He sighed and clenched his fists.
"You should. But I don't want you too... Here- I'll walk you home dear."
I bundled up, not wanting to face the cold. I stood by the door in my own thoughts as I waited for him. He appeared in front of me.
"You're so beatuiful..."
He wrapped me up in one of his intoxicating hugs that always lingered too long. With his arms still around me I started to back toward the door, finding the door knob with my mittened hands. I pushed it open and we staggered into the cold. To my relief, he pulled his arms around me to steady himself.
"Thanks babe. I'm glad you can keep me in line."
I started down the steps as he snapped the door shut. He patted down his jacket for his gloves and started to slowly laugh.
"Oh fuck... I think I just locked myself out!"
"Oh shit... you sure?"
He started to dig more through his many pockets before shaking his head.
"No keys. Man... this is my punishment for being bad." He threw back his head and roared with laughter. "You don't have a secret past of being a cat burglar do you?"
I lightly punched him in jest.
"Do I look like a nimble thief to you? Here- try my credit card. Isn't that how they do it in the movies?"
We tried everything. Hair pins. Cards. Getting into windows. Slowly our hands and hopes grew numb. He pushed his hair back in dispair.
"Ok well I'm not sleeping there tonight... Lets get you back."
It started to snow as we walked through the empty streets. We brainstormed for a little- trying to think of places for him to go. But like normal our thoughts grew absurd. I gulped and sugguested the one thing I didn't want to do. I offered to take him to her house.
"No. No luv. I really don't want to be in that awkward situation this late."
I smiled as he looked at me with adoring eyes. I knew I was in a bad place. Thankfully we reached my door.
"Ok. I'm going to try and sneak into the theatre."
"Call if you can't get in. Promise?"
"I promise I'll call if I need anything."
He kissed my forehead and walked off into the snowy haze.

The next morning he called me, not her to take him home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.